Question
Posted by: Bambi | 2005/07/20

I have blood in my faeces

The toilet bowl is filled with blood every time I have bowel movements. I also experience slight dizziness every now & then. I originally thought it was just piles that I've had before, but the bleeding seems to be getting worse. Could it be something more serious?

Bambi, it is probably due to haemorrhoids, but it might also be due to an anal tear or abscess, a fissure, polyps, diverticula, inflammatory bowel diseases and even tumours. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure because it sounds like you’re bleeding quite heavily. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2005/07/20

yes definitely. you should go to a gp who might refer you to a specialist. I have haemorrhoid problems and had a sigmoidoscopy to make sure there were no further problems. See your doctor asap.

Reply to anxious