Question
Posted by: J | 2006/04/05

I have a fear that I will not be able to conceive

Call it a sixth sense, but I have this total fear that I will not be able to conceive when the time comes. I am 25. Are there any signs that I can pick up or checks that I can have done to confirm this and/or put my mind to rest? Thanks

If you have regular periods and have not had any infections, there is no reason to suspect a problem.

4
Posted by: J | 2006/04/06

Thanks everyone - glad to know that I am not the only one with this fear. Will try not to focus on it too much now. Best to all with your babies! x

Reply to J
Posted by: Zeena | 2006/04/06

I also had the same fear but here I am, 7 weeks pregnant at 29. Go to a gynae and get a scan done, mine did that before I got married and told me everything looked fine for us to conceive, womb in the right place and all of that.

Reply to Zeena
Posted by: Dee | 2006/04/06

Hi J,
Its something all women worry about. But dont stress too much about it until you start trying. Everyone always says that it can take up to a year to fall pregnant so you can start to worry after that. Dont let falling pregnant consume you, rather put it out your mind and before you know it, it will happen for you!!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Rebecca | 2006/04/05

I thought that, too, and I ended up being 13 weeks pregnant before my pregnancy was finally diagnosed, because I was in such total and absolute denial that I didn't even have any pregnancy symptoms... no nausea, no breast tenderness, no sleepiness, etc.

You see, I had had laser surgery two years prior to falling pregnant to remove a cancerous piece of tissue from the tip of my cervix (neck of the womb) and I just assumed it would leave me permanently sterile.

Apart from that my menstrual cycle was never very regular and my periods were always 100% pain-free (I took this too mean that I was not ovulating).

To crown matters, I fell pregnant the very first time I had unprotected sex and, on top of all of that, I was already 32 years old !!!!

Reply to Rebecca