Question
Posted by: bored | 2006/04/03

I hate my job

I just got to work now and burst into tears.It dawned on me how unhappy I am at my current job. I know many will say I should consider myself lucky. I'm a p.a. but hate what I do. I am not challenged in any way and my salary doesn't cover the bills. I have a good business sense but in the same token understand the risks involved in starting my own business...The way I feel now I just want to get in my car and never come back.

I have aspirations of becoming a dancing instructor in the next few years and am also thinking about leaving to be an estate agent..

Any people out there who have been through what I am going through and can give some advise, that would be sincerly appreciated...

Is it possible to continue for the time being in your current work, while both looking out for alternative jobs of the sort you are likely to get ( as PA, etc ) AND to work in your spare time towards either qualifying as an estate agent ( maybe spending some time assisting an existing agent, so as to try out whether you would actually enjoy such work ) or as a dance instructor ? Pencil seems to provide a good example of this possibility

1
Posted by: Pencil | 2006/04/03

bored, can't give you brilliant advice, but just wanted to tell you that i'm not too happy in my job either... i get here in the mornings and start thinking of all the other things i'd rather be doing. don't feel along, i'm sure there are hundreds of people like you out there.. work on your dream, i've taken the first step in enrolling for a course i've been wanting to do for a long time, it's going well and hopefully by the start of next year i'll be able to qualify for another totally different job! and realise one of my dreams!

Reply to Pencil