Question
Posted by: Noname | 2007/12/19

I hate me name therefore my life at home

I have been going out with this lady for a year now and everything is great so far, bt the problem is that i told her my other name and i have not told her the name that i am called with at home.

the thing i sincerly hate my name and my life at home and there only reason i go home is cause my parents happen to be stuck there, if had it my way the would relocate.

My real name is quite embarassing for a man and for ages it caused me a lot of grief and since i went to tertiary it only got better and every now and then i get people calling me with that name,

she want to visit home and my shitty name is about to be discoverd by the way i changed it and my ID has a different name and i tried getting people to call me with my prefered name but only a selected few do so at home where is in my borrowed home everybody calls me it and that is better than crack i tell you.

look i tried being angry at my parents for such a name but it did not help, not to mention that i could not even secure a single date cause it affected my esteem and the way people looked at me

now i do not know what to do, i know that one day she is going to find out, but for now i am hanging on, what would you do

Some of us are, indeed, lumbered with awkward or embarrassing names. But generally if it really troubles them they change it. Wasn't the great and butch cowboy film star John Wayne actually named Marion ?
Why do so many people at home insist on calling you by the name you don't like ? Habit ? Or do they somehow enjoy irritating you ? It often turns out that even without realizing it they are responding to your irritation, and if you can stop reacting to their using the name, but just calmly correct them, its no sort of fun for them and they may just stop doing it.
Now, as for your gf, if she really is the great lady you think she is, surely if you simp[ly calmly explained to her than some people, annoyingly, call you by an old family name you very much dislike, she would understand, ignore those who use the other name, and love you just the same ? After all, it's you she loves, not the name.
OK, so Matlakala isn't the greatest of names, but it could be worse. Someone I know was for years cheerfully called "Stinker" by his parents, who thought it was cute !

5
Posted by: nee | 2007/12/19

Why the embarrasment? just say to her itis your nickname and you

Reply to nee
Posted by: noname | 2007/12/19

i am a man and my parents thought MATLAKALA is a good name

Reply to noname
Posted by: noname | 2007/12/19

i am a freakin name and my parents thought MATLAKALA for a man would a good name.

not to mention it means gabage

Reply to noname
Posted by: male23 | 2007/12/19

what is your name? (the one you dislike)

Reply to male23
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/19

After a year she should know you well enough not to change her mind about you just because you tell her your name. If this relationship is worthwhile, you should have the confidence to tell her. If she ditches you because of it then perhaps she was not the woman for you?

Reply to Maria