Question
Posted by: Liesl | 2005/07/01

I hate him

I have been living with my dad for the past 10 years and cannot move out because I would feel guilty if I left him on his own in a big house. Yet, I resent him and blame him for my mom divorcing him because he used physically abuse her. My sisters also moved out because he used to beat them up. I thought since I was the baby of the house, he will not hit me as I also take care of him, but yesterday he hit me so bad that I could not go to work. I don't know what to do and I have not told anyone about the incident. I hate him more and more each day and wish I would receive a call that he was dead. Are my feelings normal?

he is an incorigable abuser --- leave him, and do so with a clear conscience. it's entuirely his fault if he abuses and drives away everyone who might care for him. Maybe POWA can also advise you here. Your feelings are very natural when considering someone who does such hateful things. Set yourself free, and LEAVE him. Maybe you can at first stay with your sisters.

6
Posted by: Liesl | 2005/07/04

Thank you for your kind words, they really comforted me. I decided to move in with one of my sisters. While at my sister's place, my dad came over and said that I was selfish and inconsiderate as I was leaving him all alone in a home we grew up in. I really did not care how he felt. At work we have a Lifeline group, so I decided to talk to them to help me heal emotionally. Thank you for the strength you have given me...

Reply to Liesl
Posted by: stop | 2005/07/02

you poor girl i feel for you as these kind of men never ever change and you should not feel the least sorry for him the bed his made for himself is not pretty so why dont you just move in wuth your mom i am sure she would help she too knows what it feels like so why not pour your heart out to her even if she told you so moms never stop loving even though you might think so . the other alternative would be to move in with a fam member and i guess you prob dont have a boyfreind to sort him out ... good luck pray because you still have a heavenly father who loves you and will never leave you he is not like the shoking father you have hard to believe when these things happen but all things happen for a reason... ice pack your sores

Reply to stop
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/01

Liesl - LEAVE!!

You poor girl. Your dad has no right to hit you!! Dont u have a family member you could go and stay with?

what if he kills you? Please get help....PLEASE!!

Even if you have to leave with the clothes on your back.

I'll be thinking about you. Please let us know if u're ok??

Reply to KC
Posted by: Liz123 | 2005/07/01

You should move out, and fast

Reply to Liz123
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/01

Do not let any man drag you so low as to hate him Liesl

Reply to Male23
Posted by: SG | 2005/07/01

You must not allow this to happen to you.You must seriously consider talking to someone at Childline or at the very least a reliable family member.
He appears to have a terrible track record and before you get any more beatings from him you should consider looking for alternative accomodation (and talking to someone else)

Reply to SG