Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/10/19

i had sex and i'm worried

Dear doc
I went to a party last weekend (9th Oct), and I got a lift home with a guy I hardly knew and we ended up having sex. I don’t remember much, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I didn’t have that much to drink, to have blackouts. I did some research and all my symptoms of the next day, pointed to the date rape drug. By then it was too late to get tested for the drug. I was a virgin up until that Saturday night and when I did the washing; my shirt was full of blood. We didn’t use a condom. I started my periods on Saturday morning (Oct 16), but it stopped for the entire day, started again that night and then stopped. I had them again on Sunday evening, but it stopped. Then on Monday morning it began, but it was very, very light and its Tuesday now and they have stopped completely. The bleeding has been very, very little this entire time. The fact that I started my periods means that I’m not pregnant right? What would cause my period to start and stop like this and why is would they be so light, usual it’s quite heavy on the first and second day. Is it because of stress, or because I had sex, or what?
From worried

Very difficult situation. I think you should report this still. If it was a period i.e. came at the right time then you are unlikely to be pregnant. It could also be bleeding following a first sexual encounter in which case pregnancy is still possible.
You should see a doctor as you have to think about STD`s as well.
All the best

6
Posted by: worried | 2004/10/20

thank you to everyone who wrote. rape is a big accusation, and could ruin his life if it is not the case. if i knew for certain then i would reported, but as i cant remember, i just want to put the hole thing behind me and move on.

Reply to worried
Posted by: GUY | 2004/10/20

Guys whom has sexual intercourse with a girl in the first place whilst under the influance of any substance is pathetic. I would have reported it however proving such a case in court is very difficult taking consideration the time lapse as well as your uncertainty. This was in probability not the first time this person might have done this.

I would recommend that you consider a test to esthablish your HIV status and consider talking to someone (perhaps your doctor). Please be carefull out there. Guys in general only wants one thing when they go out drinking and they will not consider the repercusions after two or three drinks.

Reply to GUY
Posted by: MV | 2004/10/20

Hi There,

Wow, I am sorry. I think you should definitly do a test, I can understand why you did not report it. It is a big deal! You are obviously scared. I think you should report it, you dont even have to tell your parents or anyone for that matter but it may happen again to another girl. Do you know who this guy is?

There could be a lot of reasons for the light period, but rather set your mind at ease and go for the test.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Reply to MV
Posted by: Kiddo | 2004/10/20

Do a urine test mine was positive ,my period was also on and of and very little.GOOD LUCK!

Reply to Kiddo
Posted by: worried | 2004/10/19

i don't have proof. i don't know for certain if i was drugged, i just had the some of the symptoms. it's too late now. at first i thought that it was me being drunk, only later did i start researching it did i started questioning it.

Reply to worried
Posted by: PETA | 2004/10/19

REPORT THE GUY NOW. YOU WERE RAPED!

WHY YOU DIDN'T REPORT IT STRAIGHT AWAY, I DON'T KNOW. IF YOU WERE A VIRGIN THIS SHOULD HAVE A BEEN A BIG DEAL FOR YOU. WHY DIDN'T YOU REPORT IT?

Reply to PETA