Question
Posted by: AM | 2004/10/19

I get really shaky if a dont eat every hour or so

I always get really shaky when i havent eaten for an hour or so, if i ignore it for even half an hour i get hot sweatsmy eyes go blurry and I feel like i am going to pass out. My doctor has dismissed it as normal. It becomes worse when i drink alcopops and about six months ago i passed out from it. I have had my blood sugar tested several times and the readings were 10.5 once and 2.1 another time, so they said i am not diabetic. I feel as though food rules my life as i cannot plan to do anything without knowing that i have a snack with me and it is really getting me down as the doctors just brush it off. (i have also been tested for thyroid related problems, but it is not this) what else could it be and how can i help control it?

AM, it sounds like hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) from this side of the screen. I wrote subject a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.