Question
Posted by: Lee | 2003/12/09

i forgot to mention

i just posted a request and forgot to mention that the reason (supposedly) for my previous bouts of depression might have stemmed from my sexual abuse from the age 0f 3 to 18 (on and off not continuously) by my father. I am also wondering if this could be undetected post natal depression no out of propotion - what i would like right now is to admit myself into a phyciatric ward so that the only thing i have to worry about is if i'm getting the correct therapy or not i am so tired of fighting my family because i feel i need therapy and they seem to think it's a waste of time - i just want to be better - to be able to live my life and feel happy is that too much to ask?

If you are indeed feeling severely troubled, you're wise to want the best available diagnosis and advice on treatment. Wy should your family interfere and prevent you from getting good treatment ? You need to see a good local Psychiatrist ( for the broadest mode of assessment , to include consideration of, eg, hormonal facotrs in a possible Postnatal Depression ) and even a single outpatient appointment could start the process rolling. With his/her initial assessment it'll become clear what treatment would help best ( which may very well NOT need to be as an inpatient ).

2
Posted by: Lee | 2003/12/10

on both my postings please as they are related.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Lee | 2003/12/09

I hadn't thought of going to see a phycologist or phyciatrist (what is the difference by the way?) at a hospital of medical centre, as an out patient. Perhaps that will be my next step.
Thank you.

Reply to Lee