Question
Posted by: Hopeless | 2007/06/01

I feel as though I am rejecting him

Hi Cs

I have a huge problem, lately I cannot have sex with my boyfriend, I feel tired all the time and I honestly don't desire having sex or at least with him! At the back on my mind I want to, but I just cant and in the process, I feel like I am rejecting him. I don't want to hurt him! the reason I did not post this at the sexologist's forum is because I feel as though this is a mental issue, should I seek therapy or what should I do. I am loving him lesser and lesser and I really don;t want that to happen.

Sex is often desirable, but not actually required by the Constitution. There can be many reasons for loss of libido, including fatigue, depression, or medication. You're not rejecting him by simply not feeling up to it. A shrink's assessment could help clarify what is going on, and advise you better, based on the results of such an assessment, how best to remedy this

3
Posted by: Paul | 2007/06/02

one more thing , the complications in the long run are really adverse. This thing is financially (joint property, dual income), emotionally (it hurts like hell), physically (constant headache) and spiritually (wonder where God fits into this, and praying that He'll stay close because you know on your own you probably not make it) pretty much like a divorce.

Sort it out now.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Paul | 2007/06/02

Hopeless,

From what Im going through at the moment I want to encourage you to get help urgently. You say "I am loving him lesser and lesser and I really don;t want that to happen".

That is wat happened to my fiance and one day she realised that she doesnt love me anymore at all. Weve been together again now for I the greater part of 3 years. Recently (for the 2nd time) she actually told me just that. I still love her so much, yet that wont make her feel anything for me. It hurts really really bad and I don't know how long youve been together but to save your bf the pain, see someone now for help or leave him. Dont think it will come right by itself it wont.

Good luck.

Paul

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Hopeless | 2007/06/01

I really wonder what the problem can be, I can't even stand kissing him, at first I could kiss him in the morning - in bed, but now I just can't!!!

Reply to Hopeless