Question
Posted by: red | 2003/02/27

I dont love him anymore but still with him

My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 years and we have a 4 years child.We had problems in the past and still have same problems, i got tired of him,being angry with him and that have taken the love i had for him away.I dont love him anymore but i cant tell him cos he loves me a lot .I feel sorry for him and our daughter adores him and separating her from her father will confuse her. Please help me through this, iam forced to kiss him and have sex with me that i have to make excuses for not wanting to have sex.Please help.

Dear red,
I'm a bit puzzled. OK, I hear and applaud your relucance to actively hurt him, and your concern for your daughter's happiness and love for him. Kids have pretty good taste, so he can't be all that bad, surely.
Now, you say there ae problems between you which have remained acive for the whole 7 years. Have the wo of you, together, seriously and sincerely worked at trying to solve these problems ? Wouldn't it be useful for the two of your to contact a group like FAMSA, and get actively involvd in marriage counselling / relationship counselling, to see how far these problems can be sorted out and resolved ?

1
Posted by: Sam | 2003/02/28

Shame on you. How can you life a lie and make him believe that everything is still fine.
Sit down with him and tell him what all the reasons are that you feel distant from him. He has a right to know. You are not not only being untrue to yourself, but to your partner and daughter too.

Reply to Sam