Question
Posted by: anon | 2003/12/10

I dont get it!

Im 17 years old and weight in between 40-47kg and i really want to loose more weight, my mates think im fine as i am but i think i need to loose weight because i look fat. i hate talking to people about diets as the turn round and shout at me saying i dont need to go on one. but if i see myself as fat why cant they, dont no if it just that they doing it to make it seem bad and i dont go on the diet but the more they moan the more i go behind there abck and do it.
For the last year at school i didnt eat that much i used to skip meals for up to 3 days at a time if i could get out of eating, and now that i eat 1-2meals a day i feel fat and really ill after ive eaten something but i dont even want the food. i dont understand whats going on and know all of this probably sounds so stupid!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Anon

It is very easy to develop a eating disorder and it sounds that you have symptoms of a eating disorder.

It will be good to go to a dietrician that she can work out a eating plan. You will need to look at your body image and send positive messages to yourself that are not so destructive.

DO something about it, you need to address this situation
T

5
Posted by: Adviserisor | 2004/01/07

It is very odd that the expert 'T' didn't tell you to go see another expert. The odds clearly state that her next answer would be that since it usually is that most of the time. Once on a SA documentary there was this pedeatric dude who killed like 20 babies because he wasn't really a professional, just a con-artist. Your advice in some cases are quite true yet in other cases totally the opposite, or plainly useless.

Reply to Adviserisor
Posted by: Ez | 2003/12/18

you dont have a eating disorder, you got a self confidince disorder. you think your fat cause you think everyone else thinks your fat and in fact your just really pissing them off cuase keep going on about it. Stop thinking you know what people are thinking cause its causing you to want them to think your fat and thats the reason you keep eating.

Ez

Reply to Ez
Posted by: SHAZ | 2003/12/11

I apologise i made a number of spelling errors on my post i meant to say that if you were fat your friends wouldnt tell you that you are thin.
sorry about that.
good luck!

Reply to SHAZ
Posted by: shaz | 2003/12/11

I think that you are starting to develop a eating diorder.
If your friends tell you,you are fine then trust me.I can assure you if you were fat your friends would tell you that you are thin.
Pls be very careful my sister went through the exact same thing and the thinner she got the fatter she thought she looked.
she is now better and has put on some weight and looks like a woman now and not a nine year old child anymore.
People dont think skinny is sexy or beautiful,if anything it makes you look sick and rather unhealthy!Be very careful as you are at a very crucial age and could end up messing your metabolism and hormones up real bad.Your body is shaping up now and given another year you will be asking yourself what you were thinking.
GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!

Reply to shaz
Posted by: sam | 2003/12/10

it doesn't sound stupid at all!
You probly suffer from an eating disorder that has resulted from unsolved emotions.
go see a counsellor.

Reply to sam