Question
Posted by: Deany | 2005/12/02

I don't know if I'm Gay or Straight or...weird huh?

I was just looking to see if anyone can help me out here. My entire life (17 yrs) I've thought that I was gay, and I was convinced that I was because I found men attractive and I hardly found women attractive. Now that i'm older in my teens I've been beginning to find women attractive only recently, and it turns me on but men turn me on more. Then I met this girl and she was so amazing and I am sooo attracted to her completely but I'm hesitant to start a relationship with her because i've always thought that I was gay and so that is always nagging on me now whenever im with her and its like my mind is telling me, "you cant like her, you're gay". I just don't think if I can love her and be sincere with her because the "gay" part of my life is still there and I still want that, but I want her too...I am really really attracted to her but it seems that i'm just attracted to this one girl really, when most men turn me on but most women do not, except this one girl....yea, please help.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Deany and welcome to our forum.

On some level you may be exploring your sexuality and that's fine. None of us are 100% gay or 100% straight - we're all located somewhere on a continuum between these two extremes. Identifying as gay but feeling a strong attraction to a particular woman is not unusual.

Sometimes we need to forget about labels and go with the flow.