Question
Posted by: m | 2005/07/12

I didnt feel bad stealing

I didnt feel bad stealing that money, Ive almost forgotten about it already.. and still have not told my parents. I think I have some underlying anger against my mom perhaps

Who knows ? But having underlying anger agains anyone doesn't jusify stealing from them. And if you don't feel bad about stealing the money, maybe you ought to ? And maybe, even, need to ? Or are you going to go through life, feeling free to steal from anyone to whom you feel underlying anger, or some other emotion that seems apt to you ? As Deubel implies, you seem to be preparing for a long and happy career as a Government official, especially in a provincial government department

5
Posted by: Barnie | 2005/07/12

Ha -Ha, Good one Deubel!!

Reply to Barnie
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/07/12

Strange that many of the government officials of this country feel the same as you people?

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Did it too | 2005/07/12

I also used to do it . Used to steal my elder sister's money. she was very stingy and we'd sometimes go without food . Saw her code to her brief case . One day I opened it and found her ATM card with the PIN code ( in a little piece of paper) I used the card ( me and my younger sister) everytime we ran out of food and we'd lie about where we got the money. My parents werent working and I could see the sadness in their eyes for not being able to provide for us. So that;s why my sister and I did what we did. we'd lie and say our other sister who lives in another province has posted us the money or something like that . I did not feel good when I take her card and go to the bank but at the same time I had reason for doing it. She'd always tell us that she does not have money. I was very young then ( maybe 18 or so ) when I did this . She had thousands of rands then . She never noticed and I thanks God that she never did . I dont know how I would have felt when she finds out that we stole her money. 13 years later , my younger sister and I still laugh about it - we still remember !

Reply to Did it too
Posted by: Elsie | 2005/07/12

I do not blame you for stealing based on your feelings towards your mother. Before I found my own place, I stayed with my dad and he used to own his own business and bank the money on Fridays. I knew how to open his safe and would steal about R1000 each week. I did not feel guilty because I was angry at him for divorcing my mother. Until today, I steal do not feel guilty for what I did becasue I think he deserved it. I only stole from him. One thing though, don't make it a habit as it builds more anger inside and you end up feeling empty. Maybe you should see someone regarding the anger you have.

Reply to Elsie
Posted by: Powerpuff | 2005/07/12

Does that make it right?

Reply to Powerpuff