Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/07/28

I didnt do enough

Ugh who am i kidding?

Sprouie shouldnt be in this situation at all. I didnt do enough to ensure that she didnt get pregnant. But i did try i didnt want her or bobby to die getting fixed, but surely there was something more i could have done to prevent this?

All i can think about is what if the kittens are born like bobby? will anyone actually want to take one home and love it forever?

But i love the kittens so much already and they are not even born yet, how am i ment to let them go? what if they get bad homes and i dont know and they get hit and screamed at??

Im a BAD parent.

The best way of ensuring animals do not produce young is to have them neutered. Anaesthetic deaths are rare these days and I guess we should remind ourselves that most of us know of someone who has unfortunately died during a simple procedure. We try our best using improved drugs and sometimes doing tests before an aneasthetic is administered but sometimes animals and humans do not survive. This reminds us of our limitations.

Getting back to the kittens and parenthood. I am sure you can make an appointment to see the nurse at your local vet and have her talk through the birth process and how to look after the kittens and their mom.

7
Posted by: Chinta | 2006/08/02

Why would it kill her? Is she allergic to it?

Reply to Chinta
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/08/02

qould you have your cat spayed if you knew it would kill her?

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Chinta | 2006/07/31

I still feel you should've got her spayed esp with the way cats breed. But next time pull the foot part of a stocking (sykous) over her behind. Just cut pieces for her legs.

Reply to Chinta
Posted by: jax | 2006/07/28

Come ON Buffs! You tried your best - you had that really horrific experience with Sproui and testing anaesthetic. You KNOW you would have lost her if you went ahead with spaying. You had Bobby neutered even though you were absolutely distraught for two days in case he didn't make it. So, Bobby got lucky with his 'last shot', so to speak..
Teenage pregnancy is what every mom fears, and the universal mom response is that they 'didn't do enough'... ok you could have done more - you could have locked Bobby in one room and Sproui in another for the rest of their lives. And then everyone including you could be unhappy forever.
Buffs you did the best you could. And I will make you a promise, right now. If you need a home for the kits, I will take two of them. I don't believe in taking singles, 'cos I have seen how much the sibling bond influences my kiddles. And whle all of them will play sometimes, it's always the siblings that have the most fun, becausethey are at the same developmental stage. Tobes and Tess are heading towards 5, Stu and Sam are about 2. So I guess we are ready for a new pair of ketturlings ( have you ever read Andre Norton's Catfantastic books...story in there about Ketturs and Ketturlings...lovely!),
if there were to be a pair who needed us....
And I am sure that all the people all over the country who know your babies from your stories would happily have a bobby-baby if one was available! ..
Don't blame yourself - just point out to Bobby that his getting lucky has given you a thousand grey hairs...
Love,
j

Reply to jax
Posted by: Melbalina | 2006/07/28

Hellooooooo Buffs. Try not to stress so much. Enjoy the experience and think only the best thoughts. There are many people out there who would be more than willing to give the kittens a home even if they have deformities (which is not a definite). Have a lovely weekend!

Reply to Melbalina
Posted by: SUN | 2006/07/28

You need to keep all your grandchildren for ever!!!

Reply to SUN
Posted by: Sas | 2006/07/28

I wouldn worry about that know, if yu think about it you took your kittys in with their disfunctions and im sure you couldn love them anymore than you already do so im sure there is someone else out there just like you you willing to give a kitty a home and love it just as much as you do.
Another point don't think you could've done this or that to prevent her pregnancy cos your Sproui needs you to be strong for her aswell now so be positive.

Good Luck,

Reply to Sas