Question
Posted by: Someone | 2007/03/01

I did it!

Good morning CS,

I had a talk with my ex last night - told him that the 10 month thing is not going to work, my gut feeling tells me that its a bad idea. I can't afford to be stupid about this, I've hurt enough.

He said that I don't have to go to the weddings with him if I don't want to, he'll understand. So I told him that maybe it's better if he asks someone else to go with him. (He's a sexy bugger and has a lot of woman friend - he won't have a prob).

So that's that..I can cut communication / keep it to the minimum and go on with my life.

It hurts a little, but I'm gonna take it one day at a time.

Well done. Maybe any of the available alternatives would have hurt, in somewhat different ways. But you have taken charge of the situation, and perhaps limited the hurt, and maximized your independence and freeedom. That has to be a good idea

2
Posted by: Britty | 2007/03/01

You are brave to let that "sexy bugger" go but it just may be one of the best decisions you ever made. Letting go of the past means you can take hold of the future and it sure looks bright for you. Good luck.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Lauren Auder | 2007/03/01

I salute you - it is never easy going through a break up but sumtimes it is better if you know u r doin it for yourself.

Keep strong

Reply to Lauren Auder