Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/10/29

I appreciate my life again

Hi CS,

Last night I went to visit a good friends mother in hospital. She is terminally ill with cancer and on her last. It broke my heart to see her there, so helpless and confused, can't eat or drink and it is virtually a matter of days now. Driving home I realised how precious life is to me and how grateful I ought to be for being healthy in so many ways.

Yes life is unfair sometimes and I had my fair share, but today and the days to come, I will live my life to the full as I do not know what tomorrow will bring.

I hope that the rest of you on this forum will also treasure this thought and remember that we all have a purpose in life, even if it means you have to reach out via the forum to others.

Treasure today and live it to the fullest.....

LS

Thanks for that message, Lonestar.
I know from all my work with dying and terminally ill people over the years, that you have just picked up exactly the lesson most of them most wanted to communicate to others. And isn't that one of the most ancient of messages, back in the old atin : Carpe Diem, Seize the Day !

3
Posted by: Bell | 2004/10/29

Thank you ladies you just filled the wormth in my heart. Now i realised that my baby is most important thing that has ever happened to me. What would i be if i never met you, i always thought of killing myself and my problems will be over. Even though my mother gives me hell instead of support i hold on till the right time comes. I'll try my best not to give up no matter how hard it is. My problem is communication with other peple, i find very hard to talk about my problems because it my problems not other people. I'll keep in touch.

Reply to Bell
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/29

Hi LS,

Yes it is amazing how we sometimes have reminders about the preciousness of life & how we have so much to be thankful for.
You know, I really don't want to boast or anything like that, but one thing my girlfriend says to me always makes me think. I always say to her that I love her dearly & she means a lot to me, but I do sometimes regret that I have already been married & it sometines seems to be that she might be getting a "tainted" person, coz she has never been married & I'm her first true boyfriend in the sense of love. Her reply is that she really is thankful of the person I am today because without all my past experiences I would not be the person I am today, & she really would not have me any other way.

That always makes me feels good, & often makes me appreciate that even thought I've often been thru some really rough times, I am still here, & hopefully stronger to boot.

I still regret a lot of things coz she is the type of person I wished I saved all my first experiences with, in every way, but she always makes me know that if it wasn't for those things, I wouldn't be the same today & besides, we will have our very own memories to make as time comes. She is really a great person & I thank God every day for allowing her into my life.

Thanx LS, & BT, hang in there, I am everyday learning that you are one very strong & determined lady.

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/29

Hi Lonestar,
You have made me think and realise that ja one doesn't realise what life is all about until you see someone who is terminally ill and all the suffering they go through, and ofcourse death. I am not in the best of moods today, angry and frustrated at the people around me, but this has made me think.
Take Care

Reply to Beyond Tired