Question
Posted by: JZ1211 | 2005/11/26

I Am Worried - Down Syndrome

I went for my 12 week scan and baby was all active. My gynea spotted a thick skin layer on the back of baby's neck and said it may be a sign of a Downs baby... she reckoned that i go do further test but hubby and i have grown so attached to baby that we would wanna avoid any dissapointment. Plus, the tests are pretty costly... what should i do?
BTW, i am 22 years old and this is my first pregnancy....

You have to decide whether you could live with a baby with Down syndrome or not. If not, you should have the further tests to know for sure.

5
Posted by: Tex | 2005/11/27

JZ1211

Thanks sweet!!
Baby is doing really well ! He moves now more than ever - and at this stage i just want to hold him in my arms, it's really a wonderful experience!
Working at a pre-school... aw what a wonderful job you have!
i would have loved to go into that! Maybe i'll think about it once my little one's a bit older!
Still thinking of you and praying for everything of the best! Do let us know how next visit goes and what the tests reveal!

Take care & don't be stressing out now - it's not good for baby!
Tex

Reply to Tex
Posted by: Question | 2005/11/26

Aah I have just found the answer to my question. For more information on testing for DS, go to health24.com/news/Pregnancy/1-940,33797.asp

Reply to Question
Posted by: Question | 2005/11/26

How accurate are the blood tests for downs? If it were me I would want to know so either to put the worries aside or to prepare for my special baby.

Best wishes to both of you.

Reply to Question
Posted by: JZ1211 | 2005/11/26

Hi tex!'

Thank you so much... well, honestly, i am more scared than anything.... i work in a pre-school you see, so when i got pregnant, is really a dream come true.... yup, i'll just continue praying for the best....
As for you... baby must be all kicking about inside rite?

Reply to JZ1211
Posted by: Tex | 2005/11/26

Wow... i hoped that this didn't happen to us - and yet i feel so sad that it happened to somebody that i don't even know...
i am also 22 - i'm now 31wks along.
personally - i would say go do the tests - just to make sure!! We had the tests done at 12wks and were reassured that baby is not downs.
I believe that God would not give us something that we cannot handle - but all the best, will be thinking of you and baby!

Reply to Tex