Question
Posted by: Ladybug | 2005/07/21

I am sure I was pregant - Please advise?

We have been ttc since May, my last period was due (cycle of 29 days) last Thursday, but my breasts were incredibly painful for the entire week before my period was due and I just felt different, we went for a blood test on the Monday night (before I was due which came back Neg) and then I started bleeding on Tuesday morning (2 days before I was due). Needless to say we were both disappointed, however I wanted to know if I could still be pregnant - if my period (which by the way lasted 2 days instead of the usual 4/5) came early and maybe it was implantation bleeding ? Should I do another test, I am supposed to start ovulation this weekend ? Any advice would be great - many thanks...

You tested too early, so you could repeat the test.

3
Posted by: Ladybug | 2005/07/21

Thanks guys, its just so frustrating, wanting something so much and learning to understand ones body and that for some it isn't that easy. The bleeding I had was lighter but still heavy enough for me to use sanitaryware. Anyhow, the chemists are making a fortune out of me and all these HPT's. You are right TTC sex is so pressurised and does become a bit of a burden when you have to do it on demand but I try not to stress about it. Good luck with your results - I hope it is the real thing !!!

Reply to Ladybug
Posted by: Desperately seeking Baby | 2005/07/21

I think that you should wait a while and then do another test - i have spent the morning reading this up and even posted a question here? Any HPT wont really be realibly positive or negative until at least a few days after your preiod was due - some say a week - so wait a few days and do another.

Also the bleeding does sound like implantation - hopefully it is.

And so what if you are ovulating soon - just go on and have sex - simply for the sake of it. I know when you are TTC sex becomes more of a burden - it did for me a little.

I too am waiting to see what happens - by breasts too are sore - hopefully its not premenstrual and it is the real thing.

Good Luck

Let us know

Reply to Desperately seeking Baby
Posted by: Sparks | 2005/07/21

Hi Ladybug

I would definitely do another test just to put your mind at ease either way.

Good luck and I hope you get the result you want.

Sparks

Reply to Sparks