Question
Posted by: Thando | 2007/02/26

I am so heartbroken

I have a very big problem and I think I dont deserve to be on earth, my problem is that I love my parents to such an extent that I dont have a boyfriend or a friend even my sisters and brothers dont like me they say I am their favourite.

Last August my father past on and I am the only one who buried him and after that I was insulted that I like to do things on my own without involving any, and yet they were called and told to distribute they said they have no money it was then my duty and I did not feel any pain because I had to do it anyway I am the eldest.

My younger sister hate me to such an extent that after the funeral she told outside people that I am chasing her away and yet when my father was sick she did not even stay at home she stayed with a boyfriend somewhere. In January my mother decided that she no longer wants to stay with kids of my other sister she told her to take her kids and go with them because when she has money she does not even know that sugar or mieliemeal must be bought, I dont have any kids but has to see to finish because we cant eat and live her kids to starve and she works nightshift we normaly see her in weekends, all she would do is to buy clothes when she has money.

Yesterday my younger brother was insulting me saying that that is why people are living home its because of me and yet last week Sunday I saved his life he owes more than 3 people the other one came and wanted to shoot him I gave him R1200 to pay that individual but now I am to blame.

I am busy renovating the house and have decided that after renovating I need to buy a house because I foresee danger I will be killed because of nothing. I am sorry that I will be living my mother behind but she needs to understand. I thought because we are children of the same mother and father we need to assist each other but now things are getting worse. I am so heartbroken that I could not sleep yesterday asking God what have I done, is it me or is it them.

Please advise what do I do.

Thando, I'm absolutely CERTAIN that you belong here on earth. But maybe you hav been excessively devoting yourself towards loving your parents, without enough love for others, and for yourself --- which isn[t good for your parents, or yourself, or others. Counselling would help you to set better priorities, and to feel more self-confident and self-assured
Your message sounds very familiar --- didn't you post about the same problem within the last year ?

2
Posted by: Babe | 2007/02/26

Dear Thando

i have same problem difference is my parents are very supportive and my younger brother is to, but my older siblings are very abusive and full of hate for me and i support their kids. pray to God he will definately answer your prayers and do good by your mother and God will bless you.

Reply to Babe
Posted by: Neo | 2007/02/26

Hi Thando,
I am so sorry for what you are going thru. I cannot begin to understand how you are feeling because I have such a supportive family, and we are always there for each other. What I can tell you is that you have done nothing wrong. These people are just using you and will continue to do that until you die, unless you put a stop to it. It's true that they are your family, but you are not responsible for them. You have your own life to live and you must concentrate on that. They seem to be jealous of you, and nothing you do will ever be good enough for them. So just cut them out of your life. You deserve better. Please be strong.

Reply to Neo