Question
Posted by: Missy R | 2007/02/20

I am scared and sad

My boyfriend developed a condition recently - pulling of muscles on the one side - it is not a stroke nor is it epilepsy - it's a combination of both symptoms. He was admitted in hospital for 7 days and his condition stabilised although the diagnosis was unclear. All sorts of tests were done on him and they could not find anything - it's mysterious. He spent a couple of days at home (he seemed to be functioning well, we made love - everything was just normal)- although the pulling would start sometimes, he would be fine within minutes. My problem is that he is going to be admitted again because the doctors say that they cannot just let him go on like this - they need to call in the professors and specialists to check him - I am really worried as to what's going to happen, if they are going to experiment on him - I would rather have him the way he is now than to loose him. I am trying to be optimistic especially for his sake, but I am dying inside - how do I deal with this - I know it's like jumping the gun - but I just cannot take it! Please help.

I don't quite understand what has happened to him, and I've never heard of any condition that is a combination of a stroke and epilepsy, but presumably at least this is a significant neurological ( nerve ) problem. I gather he has been feling "pulling". like a cramping or muscle discomfort in his side ? Now if the doctors want to admit him to hospital for more tests and expert assessments, that's a very good idea. They wouldn't want to "experiment on him" --- but to find out what the problem is, and whether it can be cleared up or at least prevented from getting any worse. I don't see why you should "lose him" as they would be trying their best to protect him. Don't make it more difficult for him by being so uptight that he worries for you rather than taking good care of himself.
And do come back to this forum later, after he has ben in hospital, and tell us what they find and what happens

1
Posted by: Missy R | 2007/02/21

He's going to be admitted today and I definately will let you know what's the outcome. As for now I must just pray for the restoration of his health.

Thanks Doc
Missy R

Reply to Missy R