Posted by: TONA | 2008/07/31

i am scared


I '  ve recently seen a ophthamologist and he referred me for more tests called retinal photography and i am scared as hell as he told me that fluorescein will be injected into my vein in the arm and it'  s progress through the blood vessels of the eye is photographed at regular intervals. I am scared of needles and just wanna find out it the is any other way of doing this as i'  ve already prosponed twice but at the same time I can'  t see anything without my glasses


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Tona
They will put a small drip into the vein, and it may be initally a bit sore, but after that it should be fine. There is unfortunately no other way of getting the colourant into the blood stream.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.