Question
Posted by: ? | 2004/10/19

i am recovering PID

I AM FROM THE UK & TRAVELLING IN SOUTH AFRICA. LAST WEEK I COLLAPSED DUE TO SUFFERING FROM (PID, PELVIC INFLAMMOATORY DISEASE) I HAD BEEN ILL FOR SOME DAYS & EVEN UN-ABLE TO WALK & SCREAMING IN PAIN... IT WAS ONLY WHEN I COLLAPSED THAT THEY FOUND THAT I HAD GRADE3 PID. I HAD TO GO INTO A CRITICAL CARE UNIT AND BE FED MY MEDICATION VIA DRIP FOR THE NEXT 48 HOURS. SO AFTER THE 48 HOURS I WAS DISCHARGED & THEY WENT ON TO TELL ME THAT I HAVE CHLMYDIA ANTIBODIES... NOW I AM TAKING MY ANTBIOTICS ORALY. IT HAS BEEN THE WORST WEEK OF MY LIFE & I KNOW I HAVE NOTHING ELSE AS THIS WAS CONTRACTED FROM THE UK. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT CAN MAKE ME INFERTILE OR EVEN MAKE ME SUFFER FROM EPTOPIC PREGANCY. I AM NOT PLANNING TO HAVE CHILDREN NOW, BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT. I AM DEVESTATED AS A RESULT OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED & I STILL FEEL ALOT OF PIAN IN MY STOMACH & BACK. BEFORE I GO TO THE TOITLET IN THE MORNING, I HAVE TO LAY ON THE FLOOR AS IT HURTS TOO MUCH. ALSO MY URINE IS VERY DARK. MY FAMILY ARE WORRIED FOR ME & THINK I SHOULD GO BACK TO THE UK. I DONT WANT TO, BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS SERIOUS ENOUGH & IF THIS KIND OF THIS NEEDS FUTHER TREATMENT.
PLEASE PLEASE WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE RIGH NOW. THANK YOU.

Answer as above