Question
Posted by: Princess | 2005/11/24

I am pregnant and I don't know what to do!

Please help. I'm seventeen and I'm pregnant. My boyfriend left me when he found out (it isn't his baby anyway, it's his twin btother's)and I do't know what to do. I cannot have an a abortion. Pleas, I'm panicking!

Call Lovelife's crisis line - (011) 523 - 1000 or www.lovelife.org.za

5
Posted by: mike | 2005/11/24

Adoption may be your best choice if you do not desire an abortion. As OASIS stated women your age should be up to date on contraception. But what ever choice you make is yours alone, no one can do it for you. Find other young moms in a similiar situation to see how they handled things. Best of luck no matter what you decide.

Reply to mike
Posted by: OASIS | 2005/11/24

CONTRACEPTIVES ARE SO FREELY AVAILABLE THESE DAYS.AT 17 A WOMAN SHOULD KNOW THA UNPROTECTED SEX IS DANGEROUS.I CANOT IMAGINE ANYONE SLEEPING WITH 2 BROTHERS AND NOW CRYING OUT FOR HELP.IN THIS CASE THE REAL FATHER SHOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF NOT THEN ADOPTION IS THE ONLY SOLUTION.

Reply to OASIS
Posted by: Lulu | 2005/11/24

Hi Princess

All the questions about what were doing with the twin brother are too late now. Right now you are alone, no boyfriend, no fun with the twin brother just all by yourself, remember you come first in you, so whatever decision you make out of this pregnancy will affect you more than anybody else and you will live with it forthe rest of your life. I won't judge or inform you what to do. Just do what is best for you. You have to decide fast enough to get all the support you need.

Next time condomise for double prevention and be wise.

Reply to Lulu
Posted by: NautyG | 2005/11/24

Princess (if this is not a hoax), you need to consider the options carefully. You know that saying - accept responsibility for you actions? Well this is the perfect situation to do so. I am not for abortions but do not look down on people that have them - are you ready for a baby - NO. Can you live a life wondering everyday where your child is (adoption), what life he / she is living, or would you rather end it, learn from it, BE PREVENTIVE, and go for counciling for the guilt? Do your parents know? Don't wanna scare you - but you've got shit on your hands here. Do the right thing - whatever that may be taking all the options and outcomes into consideration. Sorry to hear. I cannot judge, I had my son at 20, I love him to bits, but it hasn't been easy, are you prepared to sacrifice your whole life for this child? Your free time, your freedom, your youth? That's what motherhood is all about. Yes, you can still live, do many things, study, work, go out every now and again, but this baby needs you, can you do it?

Reply to NautyG
Posted by: anon | 2005/11/24

does he know that its not his baby and anyway how could u do that to him

Reply to anon