Question
Posted by: nn | 2005/06/29

I am not cheating!

I really don't know what to do. My bf thinks I am cheating on him when I am not. I love him so much and will never do that to him but he doe not beleive me. We have been having problems the past couple of months but it would not make me want to cheat on him. I never wear make up but have been doing so now and then the past couple of weeks. The reason for this is because I am busy looking ofr another job an have been going for interviews. He even moans if I wear perfume to these interviews. He moans about me having chewing gum in my bag. And last night I came home late because there was ahuge traffic jam on the way home. He did not believ me and thought I was out with some other guy. My family was broken up becausee of infidelity and I hated my father for cheating on my mom. She was so good to him and at the end he messed her around and then still left her with nothing.
But the more I tell my bf that I am not cheating on him, he more he believes that I am. And I think that his suspicions are going to lead him to mess me around. He has done it to all of his other gfs and scarde he will do it to me.

he sounds terribly insecure and over-controlling. Doesn't he need to see a counsellor to sort out all his pile of emotional baggage ? If he has messed up previous gfs in this way, it's very likely that he will do so again, unless he takes proper steps to get professional help to change. Otherwise, you know what to expect --- do you really want to wait for it ?

1
Posted by: Advice | 2005/06/29

You know the saying ...... when your accusing someone, you standing behind the door yourself ! Is there a possibiltiy that he is cheating on you ? From his past history, he can't exactly point fingers at you. You need to sit him down and tell him you are tired of the false accusations, he has nothing to be insecure about, and if he is gonna continue accusing you falsely then it is gonna take strain on your relationship. My spouse had an affair and when I found out he accused me of messing around, tried to turn the tables on me ! You can tell him about your parents and how you dispised your father for doing it to your mom and that it is not in your nature to do such things and that it is hurtful and degrading been accused falsely. He sounds insecure, Hope you guys can get to the bottom of this .... Good luck !!!

Reply to Advice