Question
Posted by: crazylady | 2007/06/11

I am losing my mind!

I have no idea if I have some disorder/condition..? sometimes it feels as if my mind is running a race and never ever stop to “concentrate” on one thing. I think about things over and over especially being killed/hijacked and as a result to that I have paranoia and insomnia. I cant sleep and hear all kinds of things/noises at night(husband says I am imagining things and he even went and bought me sleeping pills).
I cant find myself to relax, my clothes have to be packed according to colour and my house have to be clean daily(by myself after work, washing the floors,dusting,packing, re-arranging) and if my maid puts one thing in a funny position I cant leave it like that and put it the way things are.
I found myself exhausted and don’t enjoy life anymore, my son is 3 and I found myself shouting perm at him as I have no patience and are crying all the time…am I going nuts..?
Why do I make a mission of everything and worry to much..?

That must feel awful, cl, but I really don't think you're losng your mind, and I am certain that it need not be lost. Sounds like symptoms of Depression and definitely an Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and this responds very well to CBT style counselling and medication. This is indeed exhausting, but see a good local psychiatrist for assessment, and ask about medication for this and for CBT counselling, and you could clear this up surprisingly effectively. You will then be able to apply these strengths of mind positively and usefully, rather than negatively and pointlessly.

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/11

EISH!! You have to get some help otherwise you'll screw up your poor son's life!

Reply to Echelle