Question
Posted by: Abigael | 2007/03/09

I am looking for an egg donor in JHB

If there is anyone willing to be an egg donor in an IVF procedure please let me know.

Dear Abigael

There are several options in this regard and it may be possible to utilised already stored eggs in the form of vitrified eggs which is being done at the BioART fertility centre in johannesburg. This secures a ready egg bank for patients like yourself without having to find an egg donor and to synchronose cycles. The bioART centre is the first center in SA to have intriduced a Vitrification program. i suggest you contact aziza@bioartfertility.co.za for more info in this regard.

9
Posted by: Tweety | 2007/03/26

Hi Abigail
I have contacted sister Pam and advised her that I am donating eggs if we are compatable, for Abigail and I am also maybe for a lady by the name of "Lee", at this stage we are not willing to use donor sperm as we first want to keep trying with hubbies sperm as he is very sceptical about that. Please advise whether you have contacted your doctor yet to see if we are compatable and whether you are willing to accept etc, as we want to start with your next IVF cycle as soon as possible.

Reply to Tweety
Posted by: Abigael | 2007/03/20

Dear Tweety

Thank you for responding on the 11/3/2007.I did not see your response till this evening as I have been out of town.We are at medfem and there may be synergy in our causes if you and your hubby wish to consider our offer. My husband is willing to donate sperm since we are looking for egg donors.Would you like to get back to us on that thought.I am blonde, short with blue eyes - looking for compatibilityin egg donor .My husband is short , green eyes and mediterranean with an adorable nature.

Reply to Abigael
Posted by: Abigael | 2007/03/20

Dear Yolande

Thank you for your further response on the 13/3/2007.I have been out of town and returned only today.Perhaps we could meet for coffee .I have been through many failed procedures and I know how difficult this process is and how you are feeling. If I could reciprocate in offering my friendship I would love to help you too.I will phone medfem tomorrow to get your contact details.

Reply to Abigael
Posted by: Tweety | 2007/03/11

Hi Abigail
I am also willing to donate, I am with doctor Mohammed in Sandton, don't know when the next cycle is as we first need a donor before we can do a next cycle. I am 1,7 metres tall, have brown hair and green eyes, our last IVF was last year November 2006, but because hubby has poor sperm, it failed. Had about 19 eggs. If you like I can contact your doc and advise him that I would also consider to be a donor and then he can check whether we are compatible.

Reply to Tweety
Posted by: Yolande | 2007/03/11

At the clinic they freeze the eggs. so it doesnt matter what your cycle is. Speak to Dr Rogdriguez and tell him that I am happy to do it. I saw him on Saturday morning so he will know who you are talking about. I really would love to help you. If you need my full name is Yolande Langenhoven and file no is 38905. I havent put my name on the donor list but I have thought about doing it, so yes I will. I am going through a very bad emotional time at the moment, it may have some thing to do with the medication. I have lost all my friends due to it, which makes me feel depressed and lonely. If I cant help you by being a donor, it would be nice to have a friend who is going through the same thing and understands what it is like. I can therefor offer my friendship.

Reply to Yolande
Posted by: Abigael | 2007/03/11

As we have been waiting for a donor and have not heard anything yet we are not ready for your cycle this time.We are on the donor list so I presume we are not compatible , or Medfem would have contacted us if you let them know you are a possible donor .We are with Dr. Rodriguez. Good luck with your IVF. I will contact Medfem and check if they had considered you as a compatible donor for me.Thank you once again.

Reply to Abigael
Posted by: Yolande | 2007/03/11

We are to at medfem clinic. Which dr are you with. Im with Dr van schouwenburg. I will need to speak to Dr how we do this. they are removing my eggs either thurs or fri. the implant will be done Mon or Tues the following week. which ever eggs they do not use I am willing to donate. Ive got 5 on my left side and they couldnt see properly how many on the right side. Ive got to go to the clinic on Tuesday morning for another scan. I will be there at 7am.

Reply to Yolande
Posted by: Abigael | 2007/03/10

Hi Yolande

Thank you for responding so quickly.I only found this forum yesterday so I am so uplifted to see there are so many people out here willing to help each other.How do we make contact.We are at Medfem in Jhb.

Reply to Abigael
Posted by: Yolande | 2007/03/09

I am busy with the IVF programme and yes I would be a donor. I am willing to help any one who is going thru what I am. I know what it is like.

Reply to Yolande