Posted by: Apple | 2007/05/24

I am letting neighbours ruin my life

How do I stop giving them that power?!!
I am a nervous wreck. Lately can't function properly and I have a baby to look after. All because they play their music extremely loudly between 1am - 5am. I feel helpless, I don't know what to do. I do call security at the village in which we live but she (neighbour) tells them to go away and she won't turn the music down. OUr houses are attached, semi-detached homes! I am allowing this to ruin my life. Days go by where I think of nothing but these people and how much I hate them etc and what I'd like to do to them. They are trash and do not care at all. HOw can I stop giving them that power to ruin my life? I want to move, after spending a fortune to live in a nice, secure area and renovating the house. I just want to move. I am tearful and depressed and now taking medication for anxiety. Each night when I go to bed I am scared, yes, scared that it'll happend again. My husband says that I must get a grip, it's only music and it won't hurt me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Call the police, check with the city council, about them creating a disturbance --- significant noise in the hours of darkness, is forbidden my most municipalities. And contact the Body Corporate at your village and demand thast they take action --- again, almost all ( except those run by idiots ) have specific rules forbidding any tenant or owner from disturbing other people living there.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: C | 2007/05/24

We had a neighboor who now and then would play loud music. We phoned the police and they came out twice and we never had any problems again. It helps a lot if two or more neighboors complain about the same thing.

Reply to C
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/24

When my son was about 2/3 months old there was guys that did the same a few houses from ours. I told my ex to open the garage for me, I got in my car and I told them to turn down the volume otherwise I would call the police. Go there by yourself and tell them exactly what you'll do if they won't stop. If you know the times they go to sleep then do the same - BOERE MUSIEK - that will make them so mad LOL!!!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Gloomer | 2007/05/24

Call the police. They are creating a publc disturbance.

If you are in a complex what does the body corporate say?

Either that or go snip their electricity wires.

I'd also be going bonkers with that. Probably would have chucked a brick through their window aimed at the hifi by now!

Reply to Gloomer

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.