Question
Posted by: Jean | 2006/04/03

I AM HURTING THE PERSON I LOVE MOST!

For the past 6 months I have been saying the most hurtful and horrible things to my boyfriend of 8 years who I love dearly. This only happens after a few drinks and the worst is I dont remember what I said or did and when he tells me how I hurt and what I said, I feel incredibly guilty and ashamed and actually want to hurt myself because I can see how confused and upset he is!

It kills me and yet I promise it wont happen and like a person deranged it all comes screaming out of me. I am so depressed and angry at myself - I just want to make it better. He is even doubting my love for him because I say I dont love him when I get like that which is far from the truth its not funny.

I am petrified of losing him and dont even know why he has put up with me...its getting worse and I am scared. What is wrong with me??? Please tell me if a condition like this exists - am I mad!? Please advise on help - please.
Jean

Hello Jean,
Ifyou're saing horrible things, especially if you don't mean them, after you've had some drinks --- stop drinking. And if you're no remembering what you said when drunk, all the more reason tos top drinking. Some of us are far more vulnerable to such effects from alcohol, and need to steer clear of it. And consider seeing a personal counsellor to work on sorting out this apparent mismatch between your emotions and your behaviour.

2
Posted by: Dove | 2006/04/03

You had better stop drinking before you lose him. You should not be drinking that you can't remember what you did the next day. You say you have been going out for 8 years why has he not married you.

Reply to Dove
Posted by: SWTS | 2006/04/03

mayb deep dwn inside there is sumthing bothering u about him...You do know tht people always speak the truth when they r drunk....
mayb u should seek conselling 4 ur outbursts

Reply to SWTS