Question
Posted by: zazza | 2007/12/12

i am having mixed feelings

well sometimes i feel so down and sometimes i am okay. last weekend i cried all weekend and go into modes were i just feel so terrible. i have mixed feelings wen i become like this.
i feel sad, lost, angry, guilty, tired, empty, hollow, lonely and invisible and i dnt no wot to do.
i think i may be depressed and i want to go and see my docotr but i feel embarrassed as though i may be over reacting. as in there are peolple who have worse problems than me and teh doctor might think i am just pitying myself
even when i have good day i end up feeling sad during or at the end and tend to isolate myself. i really dont know what to do or how to express it to my doctor. please help me!!!
thank you.

DOn't feel embarrassed about seeing your doctor. There are, indeed, people with worse problems than you have, and many with less significant problems --- but not seeing him when he could help, is like refusing to eat lunch because there are others out there who are hungry. Your not eating lunch doesn't help them.
And you're expresssing your feelings very well here --- make some notes from your comments here and write it all down, succinctly, and give that to the doc to ready quickly when you see him again.
In my experience, people who fear that they are over-reacting, never are ( over-reacting ) ; and those who ARE over-reacting, never for a moment imagine that they might be !

1
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/13

Please go and see your doctor, and tell him or her exactly what you told us here. The fear of being seen as overreacting is a result of the depression... this is why it is so difficult for depressed people to seek help. But from personal experience I can tell you that the doctor will take you seriously, will not laugh at you and will help you. Ask your doc to refer you to a good counseller as well, regardless of whether or not he prescribes meds.

Take care

Reply to Maria