Question
Posted by: NEED URGENT ADVISE!!! | 2007/02/26

I AM GIVING UP!!!

My dad always just thinks about him-I have so many things I have to sort out and he knows about it and I have asked for help but the only thing he does is just goes on with his own things? I want my life to be stable and sorted out! I dont mind if I have problems now and then but at this point I have got so many problems I just want to give up!! Dont want to go on with everything in my life! I have got I a great boyfriend who supports me in everything that I do but my own dad doesnt even care about the things that is going on in my life-all he cares about is getting he's thing sorted out!! I really need his help!! I DONT WANT TO GO ON ANY MORE!!!!
What must I do????

Why do myou need your dad to care ? If he's been selfish so far, he's likely to remain that way. So setting your heart on him becoming warm and caring may be like insisting that the sky should be green. It won't change.

2
Posted by: J | 2007/02/27

Hey,
Boy do I know where you are coming from... I have come to that stage where I don't care that he doesn't care or if he does care... who cares? lol
I am getting married - I was surprised to see how much interest my dad has in my - or our - life now! Maybe he's come around... who knows?
My fiance insisted on asking my dad's permission to marry me, I really didn't want him to - how can he ask him if he doesn't even know me? But he did ask him, and my dad said yes or actually he said that it's not his choice but we have his blessing!
Hang in there, things will eventually work out!!

Reply to J
Posted by: 206 | 2007/02/26

I can relate to what youre going thru.

I have a very successful dad, that I barely even know, but when I have issues that I would love for him to be tentatively involved in with me, He seems to have other more important things to deal with.

The only thing i think you could do, is talk to him on a serious note. Tell him exactly how you feel.
If this doesnt work, then your father needs to open his eyes... some men are more focused on the wrong things so it seems

Good luck !!!

Reply to 206