Question
Posted by: Greek | 2006/10/27

I am finally back!!!

Hi All!

Its been months!

I missed this place so damn much! How wonderful it is to come back to this forum and read something so beautiful from a mother of a gay son. It put a huge lump in my throat.

Well done to your son and a special thanks to you for sharing your experience. I was always wrapped up in my own emotions and thoughts and self pitty that I forgot about what my mother is going through not realising that it must be just as difficult for them as it is for us. How strong my mother is to deal with her own emotions and conflict and to comfort me and asking me if I was ok, it brings back memories and a realisation that there are things I still need to thank my mother for.

Your article is truely very valuable to me. Thank you!

Yes I have been away and what a journey!

I have just finished writing exam for another post graduate degree and started a new job at the same time. I can finally relax a little bit, ONLY a little bit, this new job is hectic! Its great fun and the people is wonderful.

I came out of the closet immediately and everyone knew I was gay even before I started to work. I am not a flamboyant guy but enjoy making jokes and that is how I came out with all my fellow collegues.

Guys just to say that I missed you all! I have some major catching up to do but I will do that by logging on everyday before and after work and when I take lunch...

I cant wait for Monday so I can poor my heart out. Yippee!!!

I am so excited!!!

I see we still have a few IDIOTS on the forum, but guys as my father always used to say, " DAAR IS ALTYD N DROL IN DIE DRINK WATER! "

Cheers guys,

luvya!

Greek

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Greek and a warm welcome back - and thanks for your bubbly post :) When you have time please us more about what you've doing.

I think we need to come out with the identity of the mom who wrote that great article - all credit goes to Ferny, who's become a 'regular' here and who kindly agreed to write from a mother's perspective.

2
Posted by: Mother of a Gay Son | 2006/10/28

Hi Greek - You sound like a really great guy. I'm sure your mother realises how greatful you are to her for her support and love.

All i can say to you and anyone else who reads my story is that if it can help even just one person to be in a better place than they are at present or if it brings a smile or a lump in the thoat for that matter then it will have been worth putting my story down on paper.

I'm sure there are many other mothers out there who want to be supportive but just do not know how to. To them i say, these are our children, they deserve nothing but love and support from us. Their path in life is tough, let us help them along it and make them stronger and happier people as they deserve to be. Show them you care in any way you know how. If you can't say it, then write a letter but whatever you do, let them know!!

Reply to Mother of a Gay Son
Posted by: Nikki | 2006/10/28

Hello Greek ;) xxx

Sommer lekka to have you back and SUPER you are out at work ....

Yip, idiots are what makes the world go round LOL

mmmm wonder if that is natural, in-born or choice? ..... hehehe

xxxxxx
Nikki

Reply to Nikki