Question
Posted by: Saarah | 2004/10/26

I am fasting and my period is late

Hello
I am a Muslim woman trying to conceive. For the past few months I have regularly been seeing a doctor who is helping with fertility treatment. My period is about a week late now, and because I'm not sure what the cause of it is, if I'm pregnant, surely abstinence wont be good for me? We fast every day for about 15hrs. I havent been feeling well for the last week, but I am still fasting. I havent felt this bad during the fast before. A few years ago my period stayed away totally during the month of Ramadan. I wasnt married at the time so I wasnt sexually active either. Could this be a recurrence? I'm just worried that fasting wont be good should I be at the beginning stages of pregnancy.

The first thing to do would be to check a pregnancy test. If you are pregnant, you should not fast.

8
Posted by: Sam | 2016/07/01

I'm fasting for the last 25 days n my periods are delayed for 7 days, I can't be pregnant as I have gone through tube cut or TL, I already have 3 kids Mashallah . Does fasting delays it n I feel absolutely fine

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/19

I'm 22 years old n married. My husband stays abroad. He was here last month n v had intercourse right next to the day I was through my periods. N this month my periods have been delayed is this mean I'm pregnant?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/08/07

We're you pregnant

Posted by: zil | 2004/10/27

hi saraah

, i have also been fasting also trying to ocnceive and i am 7 days late, i dont think i am preggies, but i also feel very tired, should i not get my period by sat, i will test..

how late r u
plz put ur detaiuls undr find a buddy would love to chat
good luck

Reply to zil | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Hira | 2014/07/27

Salam ! The same problem having with me these day. I m fasting from last 28 days, I m trying to conceive a baby and now my periods get 7 days late. I had a HCG test and it shows negativity. M having a pain in my breast too. M confused whether m pregnant or having late periods bcoz of fast! Plzz plzzz repl

Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/27

Good luck Saarah! Let us all know whether you are indeed pregnant. We'll all be holding thumbs for you.

Also remember that if you have fasted, a few days is not going to have harmed your baby.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Saarah | 2004/10/26

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Saarah
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/26

Fasting could indeed cause your period to stay away, particularly if you are quite slim already.

If you are pregnant, fasting is not good for your or your baby's health. You need to keep your blood sugar level up by eating small regular meals. Also, keeping your stomach full will keep nausea at bay.

I would suggest that you do a home pregnancy test ASAP and follow it with a blood test if it is positive and then take action from there.

Reply to Purple