Question
Posted by: Laz | 2004/10/12

I am down please

The whole morning I was trying to figure out what is wrong I can't seem to find the reason. I called my husband and all he could say was you are not doing any good for the baby. I can't go buy anything from the shoe to a shirt 'cause I have a tummy like a mountain. Trying to call everyone I know they are all busy.

Please help me guys I feel like crying for no reason, I am 26weeks and 3days preggie and all is fine except 2day I am falling apart

Sounds like pregnancy blues. You need to see a doctor for treatment if this continues.

9
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/12

Don't worry. This is the down side of pregnancy that nobody tells you about.

I had a physically wonderful pregnancy, but emotionally I wasn't just down but actually depressed. This was only picked up with hindsight. Speak to your Gynae about it (phone today) and see if anything can be done.

Otherwise, pamper yourself a little, put on soothing music, fold and play with your baby clothes.

Pregnancy is a difficult time, and no matter how happy you are about being pregnant, it is still a shock to your system, and you definitely go through hormonaly induced sad days where even the tiniest m ost insignificant thing upsets you.

Hang in there, your life is about to change for the better very soon.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Laz | 2004/10/12

HI!

Next time I will know what to do. My long warm bath with some music did it for me. Forgot to tell you all that I am expecting a baby girl.

Sorry! its not like I don't appreciate, this was something you don't call to happen or feel. But sorry 4 what you are going through hope God have mercy on you and yours soon. 'nway I am fine now thanx for everbody's support.

Reply to Laz
Posted by: Cruz | 2004/10/12

I am back from lunch, and I feel much better for spending money. It was so much fun buying goodies for my unborn baby. Laz you must definatly give it a try it has worked wonders for me ( I hope that it does not happen to often otherwise I will land up broke).

For those of you who are struggling, my deepest sympathies go out to you and I only wish you all the luck in the world. That is why sometimes when I am down in the dumps it is mixed up with a lot of guilt, because I am truly greatful for this precious gift and I cannot wait for the baby to be born, but at the same time the pregnancy is making me feel so sick.

I do appreciate it, just some days I would rather just stay in bed.

Reply to Cruz
Posted by: Sorry | 2004/10/12

I'm am really sorry to say this to you but I am struggling to fall pg and have just had a failed IVF attempt. You should be happy with what you've got. I would kill to be 26 weeks with a tummy like a mountain. I'm sure some will say I'm not supportive but spare a thought for those of us who are so desperate for tummies the size of mountain and gorgeous babies kicking in our tummies. I really hope you start to appreciate what so many of us are dying for!

Reply to Sorry
Posted by: Mrs M | 2004/10/12

Hi Laz

U`re not alone just the other weekend my hubby had gone to his office and I was left alone, I happened to watch one of those mid morning movies on Dstv, it was still magnolias and the rest is history. I was booooo hoooooing the whole morning, I called my best friends who rocked up within an hour, I was hysterical.
I couldn`t even speak properly, I sat with my firneds and we talked nonsense and laughed about it. All u need is gud company, if it`s not there find something to do outside your home, i promise it will help.

cheer up and keep well.

Reply to Mrs M
Posted by: Laz | 2004/10/12

Now I nearly cried due to your response, didn't feel like doing anything but with your support I should go to the mall maybe it will me world of good.

Been invited to 2 baby showers maybe this time to go shoping for that.

Thank you again

Reply to Laz
Posted by: Cruz | 2004/10/12

I know how you are feeling I am now 14 weeks pregnant. I am also having one of those days where I have tears in my eyes constantly. Thank goodness for my mom, she helps by making me laugh at myself.

I have decided to out at lunch time and treat myself to something nice. Nothing like retail therapy.

I wish you all the best, and keep finding something to laugh about ( It helps)

Reply to Cruz
Posted by: Sana | 2004/10/12

I know the feeling, i was telling my hubby 3weeks back that im in desparate need of friends, eversince i fell preggies i feel so loney on weekends, i really think it must be a phase that we go through, i feel lonely especially on weekends, and strange enough b4 i used to enjoy the time i spend alone. Now i need friends around me the whole time and none are available.

So just hang in there, y dont u go and buy yourself something nice, even if its a vest, babygrower, something sml adn cute for the baby. That might make u feel a bit better.

Reply to Sana
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/10/12

Why don't you spend some quality time with yourself, a facial or massage can do you no harm, or buy a CD of your favorite type of music,

Your hormones are probably just playing some games with you,

Remember you are very fortunity to be pregnant, a lot of girls (like myself) are really stuggiling to fall pregnant.

Hope this helps

Jessica

Reply to Jessica