Question
Posted by: jiel | 2007/12/07

i am dip sht, i am afraid to go home

i have been saving some cach to improve my room, to buy a TV, home theater and some computer components. the thing is have budgeted for all this, now about a week a go my girlfriend came to be with me for three weeks.

She told me she wanted some clothes, and i bought her clothes some time in april, i always told her to tell me in advance so i can feature her in my budget this time she did not. so i tried to talk to her, she went bullistic and told me she too will find a job and buy her own things....i had money but it was already used in a way because i knew what i wanted to buy...

We had like a mother of all fights about money and she told me we should stop talking about it, she does that a lot every time we are having different opinions she says we should ignore it, i don't agree but i don't like to argue either so that has been our stretegy.

THE PROBLEM, i bought a tv and everything i needed to buy i had to lie about were i get the money how the much the goods costs and almost lied about everthing....i do not like lying to her but sometimes it is the only thing that make sense....so i discovered that i dropped one of the receipts and i am sure she has got it.

call me a coward but i am afraid of going back home cause i have a feeling i am caught, she is a detective and sht i knew she was gonna catch me just thought i i could get away with it....should have just bought the damn clothes......what would you do if it were you from here forward

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I dont agree with young girls expecting their boyfriends to BUY them things ; at its extreme it can make a relationship get close to prostitution. When the woman in question is working and earning, she has no business expecting ANYONE to buy her stuff. You don't have to lie or to make excuses --- this is YOUR mo0ney which YOu worked for and YOU can spend it any way you wish --- it's none of her business how you spend your money. If she wants stuff, she should get a job and pay for it herself. And she has no right whatever to ne snooping and "detecting" and nosing around about your affairs. If I were you, the next time she so much as mentions money opr clothes I would tell her to leave, and explain that you would prefer a woman who likes you for yourself and not for your money.

5
Posted by: Girl | 2007/12/13

every 1 on here is sooooooooo right.....i dont mind reciving presents from my bf and i dont even expect them to be expencive but everytime we go shop i want to pay i dont want to be reliable on a guy this chiek is a spoilt brat and the sooner you ditch her the beter for u wat is it to her wat you do with your money anyway... im not blaiming you but any sort of lie is the down fall to a relationship or thats how i see it if you cant be open with her and you cant sort out your problems like adults it will never work.

Reply to Girl
Posted by: Ingiphile | 2007/12/08

Hey some women they don't have pride!! What happened in doing it for yourself. She has to get a job and stop playing ur financial manager.

Reply to Ingiphile
Posted by: sparanyok | 2007/12/07

come on dude, you are being responsible here, how many people save up to buy "worthy goods", why are you supporting her in the first place?? It is your money and you do not have to explain to anyone what it is that you do with it!! I think you need an anti dote for the korobela

Reply to sparanyok
Posted by: ss | 2007/12/07

I agree! Let her get a job and buy her own things

Reply to ss
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/07

She is sponging off you, why doesn't she get a job and buy her own clothes?

Reply to Maria