Question
Posted by: odette | 2004/09/23

I am desperate to lose weight

I have tried all sorts of diets but nothing has worked. Would it be better for me to visit a dietician for help regarding a proper eating plan? All the diets that I have tried do not allow me to eat bread and because I eventually crave bread, I end up not sticking with the diet. Please help.

Dear Odette
Yes, I think it is a good idea to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian help you to work out a diet that makes use of all the foods groups and still lets you lose weight. To obtain the best results combine the diet with regular exercise - join Walk for Life or a good gym.

1
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/09/23

Hi Odette

If you click on diet above, you will be able to find a proper diet to follow. This diet is more or less the same as what the dietician will give you. However, you might feel more confident with the support of a professional. I am in the same situation as you, but what seems to help me is excercise. I am not losing weight as fast as I would like, but I feel so much better about myself and I know that I WILL lose the weight.

All the luck

Reply to Jenna