Question
Posted by: Blackrose | 2007/06/22

I am depressed

I had a misscarriage now 10 weeks ago. This morning I did an online test to see if I am depressed. The result : I am !! What can I do to forget. I have a four year old. I can't cope with this loss...
Please help !

Sorry to hear about that --- I suspect you didn't need an online test to tell you that you are feeling sad. Whether it's Depression can only be clarified if you wisely see a good local shrink for a proper personal assessment. Gried at this stage is very natural, and feels similar. CBT style counselling could greatly help you to cope with your loss. It's not about forgetting, but about working through the loss and coming to feel differently about it

1
Posted by: Des | 2007/06/22

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down and the reason for it. Although I have not experienced a miscarriage, my father comitted suicide when I was 6 months pregnant. I ended up with undiagnosed postnatal depression, then had another child 21 months later, then also/still had postnatal depression. Life has been hell a lot of the time since then but finding someone to talk to (and I know that is not easy, people expect you to get on with things) DOES help. Also the fact that you have written in here will make a difference - there is some amazing support.
Des

Reply to Des