Posted by: Bee | 2008/09/11

I am anorexic, what do i do?

I think I' m anorexic, where do I get help? Who can help around Pretoria or Witbank. Doctors or Professional practictioners who can help me though this process.

You would need to arange to see a specialist psychiatrist, either one in private practice, or perhaps one at one of the major medical schools such as Pretoria, fior a thorough assessment and advice on treatment options. You are very sensible to recognize the risk of untreated anorexia, and to seek help. Good luck, and come back to the forum later and let us know how you're improving

Posted by: was anorexic | 2008/09/12

The first major step you made was to admit to yourself you have a problem, now the best thing to do would be to admit it to your friends and family, everyone close to you because you will need their support as well as their help, days when you don' t feel strong enough to make yourself eat they' ll be able to help you. I know it' s a very sad time for you and it is hard that your weight consumes every minute of every day of your thoughts, but it does get better, and trust me, from a recovered anorexic, life is a lot more fun and worth living when you love the way you look and do not stress about it every second. Good luck to you! and try not to hide anything!

Reply to was anorexic
Posted by: ca | 2008/09/12

Dear Bee you need to start eating. I was a beautiful young adult once and thought skinny was the best so I lived on laxatives. To date I have enormous tummy problems. But I started eating and I exercise, not everyday but once or twice per week to keep healthy. I have a beautiful figure now and am envied by both men and women. Start eating to get ur weight up, then start an excercise programme. Good Luck.

Reply to ca