Question
Posted by: Tania | 2005/01/13

i am always wrong

Please help,

i am currently 4 months pregnent but since the passing away of my baby basset (in October) things have just not been the same between my husband and me. i had problems concieving and never expected having children therefor our basset was our whole world. We are now forever fighting about everything. there is not a day that goes past that we don't fight. but the thing that really upsets me is that somehow I will always be the guilty party. no matter what. i am tired of it. i am surelly not that bad that everything that seems to happen can be my fault. what must i do. should we divorce before the birth of our child, or should we just seperate. it just seems to be getting worse by the day and i am tired off it. i love my husband dearly but i am tired of always being wrong and made to feel guilty. please help me

bereavement can affect us in unexpected ways, and the loss of a dog that was so central to your relationship can have the sort of effects you describe. Add to that the emotional turmoil that the hormonal shifts of pregnancy can induce, and the result can indeed be uncomfortable. Divorce need be no option --- but how about entering opn marriage counselling together, for the sake of each of you plus the child ?

2
Posted by: Shirls | 2005/01/13

It could be that you are highly irritated which is as a result of the cahnge in your hormones due to the pregnancy. Hang in there, i am sure that things will get better. Try to be a little bit more tolerent if you can - might avoid some of the arguments.

Reply to Shirls
Posted by: R | 2005/01/13

It seems that the basset kept you from fighting? Not to be sarcastic, why not get a new basset? Insecurity on your husband's side can be a reason why he blames you for everything. If you are nor wrong do not let it get to you and please, stop talking about divorce because there will be so much more problems. Talk, talk and more talking to each other and sort the problems out!!

Reply to R