Question
Posted by: Stupid | 2005/07/21

I am a fraud

Please help I got caught for abusing my medical aid & they have asked me to pay back - I was claiming for my shrink's fee twice instead of once now they said they weren't gonna report me to the saps but I have to pay back what I owe which is alot but I can pay it in 3 months which they agreed. But they say they have to black list me on the ITC medical aid division. What am I gonna do I need chronic medication for my Asthma & Depression Anti depressants etc. I feel so rotten I feel like killing myself they were nice & said they won't tell my employers & anyone else but I feel so guilty I want to just end it the cowards way please help if you've been in the same situation ...I will never do this again .

Calm down. What you did was dishonest, as you know, and it sounds as if they are being strict but reasonable about this. You may be able to pay for the meds you need with the money you would otherwise have contributed towards your medical aid. You can also go to a government clinic or hospital, as basic asthma and depression medications would be available there, at a cost elatd to your earnings.
But if there's a twist about medical aid membership being a condition of your job (?) then ask them what you can do about that ; maybe sign a waiver. Maybe discuss it with the HR division of your company, and see what they can suggest

8
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/22

Surprised - you want to elaborate?

Reply to Sunshine
Posted by: Suprised | 2005/07/22

You know what you'd be suprised if you can find out what others did . Yours is nothing ! Nothing at all !

Reply to Suprised
Posted by: Lola | 2005/07/22

Sorry to rock the boat here, but you only seem to be remorsefull because you were caught out. If you hadn't been you would still be ripping them off.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, but you can't expect there to be no consequences to your criminal actions.

You are very lucky that they are not pressing charges. Let this be a lesson to you. That being said, killing yourself is not the solution. /Take it on the nose, sort out all your nonsense. You will have to report it to your HR department and sort something out with them.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Asthma sufferer | 2005/07/22

If thats what your company wants then you might have too. Why dont you talk to your manager or HR and just tell them that you think you might have made a mistake somewhere along the line and now your medical aid are upset with you. JUst tell them.

Reply to Asthma sufferer
Posted by: Stupid | 2005/07/22

I feel much better after thinking of what I did the problem is my condition of employment is that I have to have a medical aid. Do you think I should try to get something else?Thank you for the support.....

Reply to Stupid
Posted by: sorry | 2005/07/22

Sorry to hear your situation, please killing yourself is not an option you have your whole life ahead of you, we all get times where we feel we cannot cope but somehow we do pull through. I am sure that you could go to a clinic for free medication for your asthma and depression if you have to. I think it would be in your best interest to pay of the money as soon as you can perhaps you have a family member you can ask for money as i think that you are pretty lucky they are letting you off the hook. Please put your trust in God he hears our prayers and doesnt give us anything we cannot handle.
keep us posted, there are people out here who care for you, dont give up.

Reply to sorry
Posted by: Asthma Sufferer | 2005/07/21

I meant use the medical aid money you usually would pay them to buy the medication.

Reply to Asthma Sufferer
Posted by: Asthma sufferer | 2005/07/21

You can buy most asthma medication over the counter? Dont beat yourself up about this I mean god there is worse stuff going on in the world and you want to kill yourselve over this? Do you know how many people have done what you have done? In any case why do you think your work will give a damn? Calm down. Its not like you have a criminal record.

Relax and have a beer or something. Use the medical aid money to buy over the counter medication.

Reply to Asthma sufferer