Question
Posted by: john | 2008/02/01

i am 13 years old i want to build a body

i am scrawny and want to become a bit bigger and stronger (i want to get a bruce lee body not a huge restler) i am quite fit (not very) i dont want to stunt my growth
i am not lazy and i am 1 of the people that are consistent
i tried training but im still quite scrawny i want to be strong and small not big and strong

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi John,

at 13 your body has a lot of developing to do of its own, and doing weight training will stunt your growth at your age and damage your muscles, so please avoid this.

I know its not easy to wait, but as you go through puberty your body will change and as you get older you can begin training and keeping fit via usual school sports.

2
Posted by: Eric | 2008/02/02

John,

I agree with what STALLION has said.

But also remember that you should stay away from taking steroids like the plague. You will not acquire a strong body by swallowing pills or concoctions. Steroids will definitely shrink your testicles and restrain the growth of your penis. This has been established scientifically over and over, but certain people are still not listening. Only a well balanced diet and excercise will bring about the desired results.

Reply to Eric
Posted by: STALLION | 2008/02/02

Hallo John,

Very good intentions. Go ahead with it. Continue with participation in sports activities. Athletics, swimming, tennis, rugby, etc. will enhance your physique very much. Do not yet spend much time in a gym. Your body is still too young for that. From 18 years onwards you may increase your gym workouts. A full spectrum of daily carpet excercises like pushups and also with medium weight dumbels will do wonders.

You are in a fast growing phase towards becoming a man. At 13 your body also needs a well balanced daily diet. Stay away from junkfood, sweets, cold drinks and fatty foods. Ask your mum to prepare a daily meal with much vegetables and fruit (for energy). Your body requires sufficient (not much) proteins (milk, cheese, meat, soybeans, etc.) for muscle development.

Doing the above will not only enhance your physical appearance, but will also let you feel so good that you will be able so study much better.

Reply to STALLION