Question
Posted by: Apple | 2003/01/18

Hysterectomy-weight gain

I have had a vaginal hysterectomy in March 2002. Since then I'm battling with my weight. I am not on any hormonal replacements. I have gained about 6kg and are very active. Go to gym 4times a week and to outdoor cycling. I have tried all sorts of diets even diets adversited on TV, without any luck. I know of 5 other women at gym with the same problem.

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Dear Apple
Changes in hormone levels after a hysterectomy can make you gain weight. To lose weight you need to cut down on energy intake by eating a low-fat, high fibre diet. If you click on 'Diet' and 'Weight Loss' and 'Slimming Diet' you will obtain a free copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet that you and the other ladies can use. If you combine this diet with the excellent exercise you are doing, then you will lose that weight.