Question
Posted by: liz | 2007/02/18

Hysterectomy recovery

Due to large bleeding myoma, I am having a hysterectomy in 3 weeks time.

Would I be able to return to half day work (company driver will fetch me) after 7 days?

I had 4 caesarians, after which I resumed working as a pharmacist 10 days afterwards, also just half day.

Is the pain and discomfort more ore less the same as with a caeser, or worse?

Last question: Will it be better to keep the cervix and just remove the uterus? A friend told me that without a cervix my sexual pleasure won't be the same and it worries me as I am getting married for the second time in September this year.

Thanks!

You will not be able to start work after 7 days. A hysterectomy is a bigger operation than a caesarean, so the discomfort is more and there is also more to heal. There are advantages to keeping the cervix, but the risk of cervical cancer then remains and you will continue to need pap smears.