Posted by: Sad | 2008/08/21

Hysterectomy at 25

At the end of July the doctors found a cystic mass with a diameter of 8 cm'  s in my right pelvic area. Saw a gyni and had a laparotomy the day after. After the operation he told me it is very bad endometriosis and I have to have a full hysterectomy within a year as my ovaries are completely mutated and the growths will just grow back and cause even more scarring.

I'  m 25, have no kids. I'  m still young but the pain is insane with constant nausea and diarrhoea. How do I know if I'  m doing the right thing? Please help, there are no support groups in my area that I know off and as we all know doctors are not the most talkative people. I'  m scared and sad at the same time. What is life like after a hysterectomy? Is this the final way out?

There are medical treatments for endometriosis. Ask your doctor about these and ask for referral to a fertility expert if necessary. Hysterectomy is very radical at the age of 25.

Posted by: Lisa | 2008/08/25

Please get a second and third opinion! This is too radical.

Reply to Lisa