Question
Posted by: mac | 2008/01/12

hysterectomy and weight

I had a hysterectomy 5 months ago.my ovaries were not removed.I recovered well however i have put on a lot of weight since the operation and my tummy muscles are very week.I dont think my eating changed that much except obviously I couldnt exercise for a while.
has this anything to do with the hysterectomy?I am 42 years old.

The hysterectomy would not cause this. Try doing some exercises now to strengthen your tummy muscles. Weight does tend to accumulate as you get older.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

I want to know more about the Hysterectomy, where they just take the womb out, I have heard women seriously put on a lot of weight.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/07

How soon can I exercise &  what type of exercise after a hysterectomy?

Posted by: nutteynettey | 2008/05/20

I had a hysterectomy when I was 36, I am now 48, and am suffering from hot flushes, mood swings etc.. all those things to do with the menopause. my question is, I thought seeing as I had, had a full hysterectomy, including my ovaries taken out, should I be getting the effects of the menopause. I am on HRT, did come off it, but couldnt stand the hot flushes. I am so confused over this.

Reply to nutteynettey
Posted by: Lee | 2008/04/27

I had my laproscopic hysterectomy on 10/4/08. When can I start excersing

Reply to Lee