Question
Posted by: kimmos | 2007/04/26

HYSTERECTOMY

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy at beginning of Feb. (ovaries still working) and was told I would be ok for a few years hormonaly. (I am 45). But 2 months later I am permanently PMS!!! It is awful - is this supposed to be happening?

Thanks and regards

Dear Kimmos
sometimes the operation can influence the blood flow to the ovaries and some patients may experience decrease in estrogen or progesterone - let your GP check for you with a blood test?
Try taking 50 - 100 mg Vit B6 per day for a few weeks.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/26

Hi Kimmos - I also had a hysterectomy two months ago today (I'm also 45) and I feel exactly the same - I actually went to see my GP today not only because of the misery but because I am still in pain and burning on the wall of my stomach. I'd love to know what your answer is - I know this is a huge op so the recovery period apparently is very long some people take up to 6 months to be normal again (I KNOW I DONT WANT THAT!)
I'll keep on checking to see your answer - GOOD LUCK! HOPE YOU RECOVER WELL!

Reply to Dee