Question
Posted by: Sue | 2004/10/28

Hysterectomy

Is it usual for a person to gain weight after a hysterectomy? Is it neccessary at my age to go for the hysterectomy as I understand that fibriosis usually get smaller at te onset of menopause.
I am 45 years old and do not know anything about diets as I have never had any problems with my weight.
The reasons for my hysterectomy are the same as Gina's and my emotions as being a failure for not looking after myself and therefore not preventing the operation, are also the same. I Unfortunatly, according to my gynae, there are no alternative.My operation is on the 1st of Nov and it will only be the 2nd one in my life. The previous one was 40 years ago when my tonsils were removed.

Some women gain weight after a hysterectomy, but this is not inevitable.
If the hysterectomy is essential then you will have to have it. Many women have hysterectomies. You are not responsible for this.