Question
Posted by: Hormones? | 2004/02/24

Hysterectomy

I had an incomplete hysterectomy almost 10 years ago, at the age of 28. Recently I started having acute lower abdomen as well as lower back pains (something I haven't had for quite some while) more or less the same time as I used to have my periods. The last time (+/- 2 years ago) I visited my gynae he ran some tests, including a papsmeer, results came back with some hormonal imbalances, according to him no need for HRT or any other treatment. Is this an indication that my ovaries stopped producing normal hormones? I also suffer from excessive sweating over the last couple of years and it seems to get worse. I'm hate shopping, it always looks if I just had a shower, sweat streaming down my head, face and chest, this is quite embarrising.

Thanks for your help.

Hot flushes are certainly a sign that the oavries are not working, but pain would not be. Your pain may not be gynaecological at all. I would suggest that you see your GP first to establish whether this is related to a bowel problem, urinary or gynaecological.