Question
Posted by: tag | 2003/03/13

hysterectomy

I have had constant bleeding for 8 weeks and was told by my gyne that I have a tumour approx 5 x 6 cm large (2 years ago it was 2x3cm) which has to be removed. She would like to do a complete hysterectomy, my question could this tumour poss. be removed through laser surgery? Is this not poss. a less intrusive method although she said that the area lasered would probably be too large and there was a fair chance that I would loose the uterus anyway plus a lot of blood through the laser. Are there any other implicartions for the two different methods? AsI am booked in for Wed. the 19th March please reply asap. Many thanks.

To answer your question I would need to know where the tumour is, on the uterus or on the ovary. If it is an ovarian cyst, is there some other reason why you are having a hysterectomy, i.e. is there a concern about cancer?
If it on the uterus, is it a fibroid?