Question
Posted by: Meredith | 2005/07/13

Hypothyroidsim & Pre-diabetes<br>

I am currently using 2mg Eltroxin daily for my under-active thyroid and 3 x glucophage daily for being pre-diabetes. I am at run & walk for life - walking 40 min 3 x per week. This excercise time is also increasing weekly and I am also walking over weekends as well. I am at least 50kg overweight and battling to lose it. My gynaecologist and GP said if I start taking glucophage I will lose it quickly especially with the excerxise. I also quit smoking a year ago which made me gain some of the weight. But I am not losing weight, what could be the problem? I am eating healty, except that I have major cravings for crisps - why? My thyroid was tested and shown to be a little over active - is this from the medication or excercise? how can I lose the battle with my weight?

Meredith, it all depends on for how long you’ve been taking the Glucophage® (it should work within 3 months). You’re taking enough Eltroxin®, watching your diet, exercising, etc, so you should lose weight.
I have no idea why you have a craving for chips, but i doubt that it is indicative of a big problem. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.

1
Posted by: AlsoFat | 2005/07/13

It should not be difficult at all to lose weight if you do it properly. You simply need to absorb less energy than you spend – then you WILL lose weight.
NO CRISPS for a start! NO SUGAR! Watch you carbohydrate intake (Potatoes/crisps are a bad one).
Well done with the exercise and positive attitude – that’s half the battle won!
Also write to DietDoc.

Reply to AlsoFat