Question
Posted by: Anna | 2007/03/08

Hypothyroidism & Duromine

Hi.
I've been on Eltroxin 100mg for my Hypothyroidism.
I have also been diagnosed as being overweight.
Is it safe to take the Durmine 30mg with my Thyroid medication?

Dear Anna
I think you need to ask the dr who is prescribing the Duromine for you (it is after all a Schedule 5 drug which requires a dr's prescription), if it will interfere with the Eltroxin. According to my copy of MIMS which lists drugs sold in SA, there is no specific mention of an interaction with Eltroxin, but do ask the dr or your pharmacist just to be sure. Also keep in mind that you need to use a low-energy, low-fat diet and exercise to lose weight.